Guide to information
Under the Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations you have a right to request any recorded information held by NHS Tameside and Glossop CCG. The aim of the legislation is to make information available to the general public.
How can I obtain information?
- We are required to publish some information routinely, which we do through our Publication Scheme.
- You can ask us to provide other information to you that is not included in our Publication Scheme. We have a duty to provide this within 20 working days of receiving a valid request.
If you want to request information that is not already available you can contact our Freedom of Information team:
- Email: TGCCG.email@example.com
- By post: NHS Tameside and Glossop Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), Headquarters, Dukinfield Town Hall, King Street, Dukinfield, SK16 4LA.
What should I do before I make a request?
- Check if the information you want is already available by checking our Publication Scheme or using our website search engine. We provide a disclosure log for 2015/16, 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19 of previous requests that may contain the data you require.
- Write to the CCG or send us an e-mail asking for the information you want.
- Be as specific as possible about the information you want. It may also assist us in identifying the information if you explain the purpose behind your request, although you do not have to say why you want the information.
Tell us how you would like to receive the information, for example if you would prefer a paper copy or receive an email. You can ask for any information you choose, at any time, but the information may not always be provided. Before you make a request, it may help to consider the following:
- Is our CCG likely to have the information?
- Before making a request you can contact us to ask this. We must give reasonable advice and assistance to anyone asking for information.
- Is the information you want suitable for general publication? The legislation provides certain exemptions under which information may be withheld. If we decline to make information available to you we will tell you which exemption we are applying, advise you of our complaints procedure and tell you about the role of the Information Commissioner.
Charges for information
Some requests for information may be subject to a fee. The Freedom of Information Act and the associated Fees Regulations stipulate that we cannot levy a fee for information unless there is a statutory basis for doing so or the amount of time taken to locate the information exceeds 18 hours. However, we are allowed to charge for disbursements related to the provision of photocopying, reformatting information and postage, depending on the amount of materials used. If we intend to make a charge we will contact you before we proceed with your request. No charges will be made for any information accessed via our website.
What if I am not satisfied with the handling of my request or the information I receive?
You can ask us to review any decision we make. If you wish us to do so please contact us in line with the details provided above. Any review will be carried out by a senior member of staff who had no involvement in the original decision or process.
If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome of a review you can complain to the Information Commissioner:
- FOI/EIR Complaints Resolution, Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
More information is available about the Freedom of Information Act and Environmental Regulations
Re-use of Information and Copyright
Publishing the information or issuing copies may be subject to the provisions of the Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2005 and will require permission of the CCG and may require a fee.
How did we do?
Did you find what you were looking for? Let us know if you feel we can improve.